What he has Done Is Correct ? David Beckham
David Beckham quit as England captain yesterday, the morning after his team went out in the World Cup quarter-finals on penalties to Portugal. A tearful Beckham read a statement to a crowded news conference at England's training camp at Buehlertal.
"I have lived the dream," he said. "I am extremely proud to have worn the armband and been captain of England and for that, I will always be grateful.'' CANADIAN IN SEMIS: Winnipeg's Hector Vergara has been selected to work the touchline in tomorrow's semifinal match in Dortmund between Germany and Italy. Mexico's Benito Archundia will be the referee while countryman Jose Ramirez will work the other touchline. Vergara earlier worked two first-round games.
TWENTY-ONE INJURED: A German motorist injured 21 people yesterday when he drove a Volkswagen Polo through a concrete barrier that protects Berlin's main World Cup public viewing area, police said. Ten of those injured were taken to area hospitals, while 11 others were treated at the scene, police spokesman Eharhart Koerting said.
MOre....
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout
/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1151878207973&call_pageid=1044529386722&col
=1044529386490
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home